Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Meet Bryan Leland Tate MD from "The San Francisco Wedding Planner" by Jen Cudmore


Today I’m going to tell you about Bryan, the handsome ortho surgeon from the short stories I’ve been writing. I’m part of a 5 author team working together on the San Francisco Wedding Planner series.

I picture Bryan much like Paul Rudd. Not a total hottie but definitely a cutie pie. He’s about 6 feet tall with blue eyes and typically clean shaven. He’s 36 years old when he first meets Heather, owner of Donovan’s Wedding Service.
So, Bryan. You grew up in San Francisco?
Yes. Spent most of my childhood here, playing baseball. Mom and I moved to Seattle when I was in high school. I enjoyed Washington state, but I’m glad to be back.
And you’re much older than your brother Raul.
I was twelve when he was born. After my parents split, I stayed with my mom, so we didn’t live in the same house, but I was over there all the time. He was my little buddy until I moved away. I wouldn’t say we’re close, but we understand each other and respect our differences.
Tell me some ways you’re different from Raul.
I don’t get into as much trouble. Hehe! No, I mean, he likes to wear a ton of bling and cologne; it takes him two hours to get ready each morning. I’m more simple; I prefer jeans and T-shirts. He makes fun of my flannels all the time, but that’s what I mostly wore in Seattle. Raul has a million friends, and I’m happy to just have a few. He’s very much a people person, which is why he’s always doing karaoke. He keeps trying to get me to go, but I don’t like to be in the spotlight. Give me a guy with a broken femur or a rotator cuff injury and I can handle that, no problem. Just don’t make me give a speech or sing in public!

What are your hobbies?
I enjoy cooking. I cooked all the time for my mom before she passed. She especially loved my omelets. My favorite is lasagna – love to cook it, love to eat it! I also enjoy hunting. Just took my first trip to Alaska last fall to hunt for moose.

Tell us about the women in your life.
Well, my first steady girlfriend was Jocelyn. We dated when I was in high school but I botched that up pretty bad when I went to college. I dated a few girls in college but nothing serious until I met Mandy. I actually thought she was the one, and we spent 5 years together. But unfortunately I was wrong about her.

And now you’re dating Heather. Is it true that Raul set you up?
Hehe. Yes, actually, it was pretty much his fault we’re together. But I don’t give him all the credit. Heather is great. I love how simple she is, and yet so beautiful. She really cares about people, you know? She works so hard to give her clients what they want and make sure they have the perfect wedding. I love that. She makes me want to be a better person.

Heather describes herself as persistent and a worrier. Would you agree?
Uh, yeah, I guess so. She’s a bit too hard on herself, really. But I think we balance each other out pretty good. I hope she thinks so, too.

What do you think of her mother? And her best friend Skye?
Well…what can I say about Gloria? She’s a sweet lady – a teenager trapped in a grandmother’s body! She means well. Heather’s friend Skye is … different. I don’t know her that well, but I’m hoping to become better acquainted with her soon.

COMING SOON! All 6 stories have been combined into one book and will be released in paperback this weekend!
The next segment of short stories will be released in only a few weeks. All the characters from the series tell a bit more of their backstory – what shaped who they are today. I’ll let you know the release date just as soon as I’m informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment